The Vernier Go Wireless app allows users to conduct experiments using Go Wireless Temp, a wireless temperature probe. Users collect temperature data that is displayed in a graph and can calculate basic statistics on a region of data. Additionally, users can export the data as a CSV file for use in other applications for even more analysis.
HARDWARE REQUIRED - Vernier Go Wireless Temp is required to make use of this application. Visit http://www.vernier.com/gw-temp for more information.
Features when using a Go Wireless Temp
From the list of available sensors
• Discover nearby Go Wireless Temp probes and monitor their temperature readings
• Connect to a specific sensor for further study
When connected to a specific sensor
• View live temperature values displayed in a thermometer bar
• Collect data – displayed in a graph
• Graph scales automatically to show all collected data
• Customize the sensor name, view battery status, and flash the sensor LED (identify)
• Toggle units
• °C and °F (US – English only)
• °C and K (all other languages)
With collected data
• On the graph - Pinch to zoom /double tap to autoscale
• Tap to examine the collected data
• Select a region to calculate the average temperature
• Tap the statistics box to view additional statistics
• Export a CSV file for additional analysis in other software
Experiment possibilities include
• Science fair projects
• Monitoring environmental conditions
• Monitoring temperatures in a fish tank or greenhouse
• Measuring the rate of temperature change of a liquid in a Thermos™
• Measuring the temperature of the air coming from an air conditioner or furnace
Vernier Software & Technology has over 30 years of experience in providing effective learning resources for understanding experimental data in science and math classrooms. Go Wireless is a part of Vernier’s extensive system of sensors, interfaces, and data-collection software for science education.
Vernier Go Wireless is a free software application from the Teaching & Training Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2014-10-09. The program can be installed on Android.
Vernier Go Wireless (version 1.0) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.